November has begun and with daylight savings time, it is getting dark earlier. We are in California, and by 5:00pm, you can start seeing the sun setting. I went for two evening walks this week, one with my hubby and one with my friend, Lola. By 6:00pm, I felt like it was already 8:00pm! The weather has been warm in San Diego this week, but fall weather is being felt and we finally turned off our air conditioning at home. I actually added a blanket to the bed covers at night – only on my side though, the hubby doesn’t like using a blanket.
What do you have planned for the weekend? I am heading to watch my niece in a play. It’ll be a family outing, with my siblings, sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews. I am excited to see my niece perform, she is very talented! I am also going shopping with my niece, Natalia. We will buy a scrap book for her sister, my niece, Ana Paola. She had her Quinceañera last week and I took lots of fun pictures. I will print some pictures for her and give them to her as a gift with the scrap book. We’ll get together another day to assemble and decorate the scrap book. I think it will be a nice surprise! I will also try to go for a walk with Natalia (she will ride her bicycle), so I can get some exercise and we can chat! I love my nieces and spending time with them is one of my favorite things to do! Hope you have a nice weekend….here are some fun links from the web!
What are you up to this weekend?
– Thanksgiving is in a few weeks: 31 Essential Desserts for the Holiday (recipes included)
– Not sure which blush to wear this winter? Best Blush for Winter (according to Vogue Editors)
– Do you like Sriracha sauce? Now you can take it everywhere, even on a flight: Sriracha to Go Keychain Bottle, such a cool idea & it’s refillable!!! Now someone make a Mexican hot sauce or jalapeño version, please.
– Do you want to start to meditate? Learn how with Oprah & Deepak’s Free 21-Day Meditation Experience: Energy of Attraction. It’s an audio guided meditation you can do at home. I signed up! Did I mention, it’s free?
– Support a good cause. Attend the March of Dimes’ San Diego Signature Chefs & Master Mixologists Gala. Learn more about the March of Dimes on their site. In case you are wondering, like I was before I started volunteering with them five years ago, the March of Dimes provides programs for mothers and babies, and funding for research to support healthier babies.
– Have you seen this? You must see it! Saturday Night Live’s: Jim Carrey Spoof of Matthew McConaughey’s Lincoln ads. Hilarious!!! It’s gotten more than 7 million views in one week!
– Ellen also did a spoof on the Matthew McConaughey Lincoln ads. Her spoof made me laugh out loud, especially the last line! Gotta love Ellen! Her version has gotten almost 5 million views!
– If you love pets, you can support Black Tie CEO Club’s event: Diamonds Are Forever Fashion Contest, 100% of the proceeds go to help abandoned & abused dogs raises funds. The event will be held on November 18, at Aston Martin San Diego and sounds exciting, very glam & glitzy ! Tickets are only $20.